The Off-Grid Astrology Course is now open to students. Learn how to do astrology by hand – the old-fashioned way – and you’ll be able to keep doing it no matter what the future brings. No electricity? No astrology apps? No online charts? No problem! You will also gain a deeper understanding of how astrology works and what the birth chart represents. There really is no downside – unless you hate maths!
The course will guide you through the process of calculating charts with step-by-step instructions and lots of examples. There are quizzes to test your knowledge and downloads of useful information. I’ll show you the formulas and how to cheat using a calculator, as well as how to use logarithms (Wait! Come back!) just in case. The maths isn’t hard, by the way, and if I can do it, anyone can!
Here is an overview of the course curriculum:
- Module 1: The Astronomy of the Birth Chart, plus how to read an ephemeris
- Module 2: How to Calculate the Birth Chart, with examples and calculations sheets to make it easier
- Module 3: How to Calculate the House Cusps, covering how to use tables of houses
- Module 4: Chart Calculation Examples, with four test charts for you to do on your own
- Module 5: How to Draw a Chart, with chart sheets to print and an overview of house systems
- Module 6: How to Calculate Lots and Midpoints, with formulas for all the major lots, including the Part of Fortune
- Module 7: Calculations for Prediction, including solar returns, progressions, solar arc directions, and chart relocation
- Resources, including a pdf copy of the course with answers to the tests
And when you complete the course, you get a certificate!
The Payhip course player is a nifty thing and easy to use, with the modules in a menu that you work your way down. As you complete a section, it automatically takes you to the next one and the box in the top left shows how far you’ve got. Here’s a screenshot of the quiz at the end of the first module, showing 26% complete, and the finished sections down the left-hand side.
You get a score at the end of each quiz, and if you got any questions wrong, you can retake the quiz to improve your score. The course player can be expanded to full-screen so you can concentrate on the content, and the menus are easy to navigate. Completed sections can be marked as incomplete so you can go back and do them again, if you feel the need.
You can work through the course at your own pace and take as long as you like. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to access the course and all the downloads for as long as it’s available online and the power is on!
It’s highly likely that the power will go off at some point. We can no longer count on the internet, or even electricity, being available all the time. The worst-case scenario is a massive solar eruption that takes out the grid completely.
But even without that, access to electricity and time-saving astrology apps is likely to become sketchy and unpredictable. So prepare now! Learn the skills you will need when the lights go out.